Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bank Account





My entire life I've been carrying around money in cash and stashing the rest at home in my personal safe (just a little one in my bedroom). I can't manage to keep that up anymore, so I'm going to open an account today. At first I considered the most popular choice, NBK. A Watani Express account would pay me absolutely no monthly interest, I wouldn't get a free welcome gift (I'm going to get to that in a bit), they would deduct KD2 monthly if my balance fell below KD100 (Oh believe me it will :P), and I wouldn't be eligible for a monthly draw. So I was thinking, fuck that, what's in it for me?!?!

That's when I started searching for other accounts at other banks. I went through the most popular choices and landed on the Freedom Account from the Gulf Bank of Kuwait. I was shocked they could benefit a customer so much. Freedom Account would pay me monthly interest, I know it's a small amount but still it's better than nothing. Also, they give me a FREE MTC LINE as a welcome gift, that probably got the most of my attention. This bank will not deduct a KD2 fee incase my account drops below the 100 KD line, and I am eligible for draws MONTHLY.

That's it, I've made up my mind, I'm going for the Freedom Account. The Gulf Bank of Kuwait benefits customers, especially from my age group, more than any other bank in Kuwait. NBK really did not appeal to me since the negatives way outnumbered the positives. I'm going to open a Freedom Account at the Gulf Bank today...

4 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

which NBK account did you check? I think your age group you would get an Azraq account. That package has many benifits including the following:

- You get discounts at a bunch of stores and you can get up to 50% off the purchase price back in the form of points

- You get a chance to win a sports car every quarter

- every month you get special promotions and special discounts

- you get a visa card plus a mini visa card

- you can intern at NBK in the summer

- you only need KD10 to open an account and you wont get KD2 deducted if your account reaches bellow KD100 for more then a month

- you also get montly interest on you money.

Whoever you spoke to at NBK didn't inform you right. Hope this new info helps.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger FUZZ said...

wow that really did help. i'm guessing u know this cuz u have the azrag account urself :P

wow i guess applying at either wont make a difference, NBK is closest to me at the moment though.

damn i dunno, i'll go to whichever is the closest to me at the time :P

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger TechnoHuman said...

i hate nbk

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger FUZZ said...

I just went to Gulf Bank, the customer service is amazing.NBK didnt even return my fucking calls or emails. Gulf bank was very very professional and offered me a much better and beneficial package. Screw NBK.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home